Friday, November 13, 2009

What is your ideal weight?


As I start to think about this post, I’m not sure what mine is – I just know that it’s not 210lbs. 

During my annual family Christmas shopping trip, the subject of weight and body types had come up. I believe that my number one problem is portion control. I eat too much. I also probably don’t exersize enough as well.

To figure out my ideal weight, I’m first going to look at my stats and then go to a few online calculators.

Please know that I do understand that muscle weighs more then fat, and you can be fit, in shape, and strong – and weigh more because of muscle – this is not my problem. I have some muscle, but that isn’t where the majority of my weight comes from.

I am 5 foot, 10 inches tall, I am a 25 year old female and I have a medium frame. 
  • According to devine.ca, my ideal weight is between 150-165 lbs. 
  • According to bodyandhealth.canada.com, my ideal weight is between 120 and 174 lbs. 
  • According to shape.com, my ideal weight is between 142 and 156 lbs. 
  • According to halls.md, my ideal weigth should be between 132 to 174 lbs. 
Based on the websites I mentioned above, I think I will set my ideal weight goal at 165 lbs. To achieve that, I will need to lose 45 lbs.

I know that part of my plan will be to watch my portion control, and to start moving my body more. I haven’t figured out my exact plan yet – I think the first step is to identify the problem.

4 comments:

apieceofwood on November 13, 2009 at 8:45 AM said...

Good luck!!

Mom said...

Someone found you! If you can figure out how we can use each other for support, without being parent and child, or any connotations of "you're bad" let me know.

Jessie on November 13, 2009 at 6:04 PM said...

@ wood -thanks!

@ mom - i'll keep that in mind - i'm just not sure yet..

Alyson on November 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM said...

Hey Jessie! Glad I noticed this blog of your too. I just wanted to say that in regards to weight loss I know exactly how you feel. In a nutshell here is my story:
At 17 I entered university weighing about 145 (5'6 medium frame).
By 21 and graduating I weighed 195.
After graduating I realized that I just couldn't live my life like that any more so my journey began. I exercised and learned how to eat better. I will not lie. I.was.hungry.everyday.all.the.time. I was.
By 23 I was 133! I actually found that to be too low and I ended up finding out that my ideal weight (regardless of the BMI or other scales or charts) is more like 145. I am now 150 so I have to get back down.

Anyways, just wanted to say that you can do it and if you ever need some motivation let me know. I can totally relate to where you are.

Post a Comment

 

Jessie's Thoughts and Passions Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template