Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Deal...update


Phew!

No more elevators equals sad face.

Monday I did 18 flights of stairs, and Tuesday I did 40 (half up & half down).  Not all at once of course, but throughout the day.  The most I ever do at a time is 6 (as I'm on the six floor).

I find that the first floor is pretty easy, the second one is doable, but by the third I'm winded.

I've started doing slow breathing, in and out, as a I walk up the stairs.  I try to coach myself through the breathing rather then focusing on how many more steps I have to walk.

I think it's helping.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Good for you! Dad will be sad to share his coke with me! And focussing on the breathing is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of stairs!! ;)

Good for you!!

Post a Comment

 

Jessie's Thoughts and Passions Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template