Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fitness/Weight Loss Challeneges at Work


It’s amazing when you decide to make a positive change in your life how other positive changes start to happen around you.

I’m participating in two fitness challenges at work!

One involves my entire team at work and includes a health and fitness portion each day of the week. The other is a weight loss challenge with two other co-workers.

Fitness Challenge w/ All 
  • Fresh Start Monday’s
    • Health: Give up your guilty pleasure for something fresh.
  • Take the Stair’s Tuesday’s
    • Health: Eat breakfast by 8:30am
    • Fitness: Take the stairs all day
  • Workout Wednesday
    • Health: Eat breakfast by 8:30am
    • Fitness: Stairwell workout: step-ups, squats, dips, crunches 4x30 seconds (roughly a 12 minute workout)
  • Thirsty Thursdays
    • Health: Drink 1.5 liters of water today
    • Fitness: Park in the far corner of the parking lot today
  • Fitness Friday
    • Health: Eat breakfast by 8:30am
    • Fitness: 23 minute group walk or cycle. Go for a walk outside or use the treadmills/stationary bikes in the gym.
  • Saturday/Sunday (think about including your family)
    • Fitness: 20-30 minutes of your favorite activity….(the wii counts)
We have a point system for the lifestyle challenge which will be tracked using a sticker board (yeah! Think Kindergarten style).  The winner will get a free one hour massage!  This challenge starts on Monday, January 25th.

Weight Loss Challenge

There are three of us at work that have decided to ramp up our efforts and challenge each other to a weight loss goal. The goal: 10 weeks to lose 20 lbs. We are each chipping in $20 and going to ask our manager to chip in an additional $40 for a total of $100 prize for whoever gets the closest to the goal. The idea here is that the money would be a good start for some new clothes (which we would surely need after losing 20 lbs). We weigh 180, 190 and 209 lbs - of all varying heights are between 5’5” and 5’10”. I should note here that this was wearing our work clothes which are heavier then when I weight myself at home.

We are going to do a group weigh in each Wednesday until the final Wednesday, March 31, 2010.

Wish us luck.

12 comments:

Mom said...

Good for you. I will join your challenges. As best I can. We have no stairs, but I will think of something. I will weigh in tomorrow morning and post it here. Cause Deb looks better than she has in years, and my hip is hurting after 2 weeks of slacking due to my cold. (Now it is just excuses)

Jessie on January 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM said...

ohh great!! I'll post my weigh in's too! Hurrah!

Deb and kate and jen... so they will be talking about how awesome Nola and Jessie look!

Mom said...

Got off my ass and walked 3 blocks - about 20-25 minutes. Also I gave Kara a pedometer and she is walking 10000+ steps every day. This is the year of awesomeness!

Mom said...

207.2 This morning

Mom said...

Parked in the farthest corner (noy that far) and walked to the courthouse to get my flu shot. Working on the water now.

Girl Makes Cents on January 21, 2010 at 1:42 PM said...

Sounds like fun challenges! Good for you (and your mom), good luck!

Jessie on January 21, 2010 at 1:59 PM said...

That's awesome mom! I need to find out how many of our work cups it takes to get to 1.5 litres... man have I had to pee today!

Mom said...

I only made about 1 litre of water, but I wore my pedometer and made 10909 staps yesterday. But I'll be having breakfast soon.

Mom said...

10456 Steps today. Walked Conan twice- 3 blocks tonight. And drank more water. and had cereal at 7 am

Jessie on January 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM said...

That's pretty impressive!! WEe slept in some today (saturday morning) - and so far i'm only at one cup of coffee and it's 11am.... me and the dog should go for a walk soon!

Mom said...

Wed. weigh in. 207.even. I didn't walk enough in sundre. Why do I let little things derail me. I need a picture of Auntie Denny on my fridge. She can't even get the joint replacements she needs because she is too heavy.

Repost the daily challenges so we can comment each week.

Jessie on January 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM said...

Great Idea mom! I'll set it up!

Post a Comment

 

Jessie's Thoughts and Passions Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template